Creating beautiful and healthy smiles.
- Good Oral Hygiene Prevents Periodontal Disease
- Brush the teeth at least twice every day. Brushing removes plaque from the inner, outer, and chewing surfaces of each tooth. A dental hygienist can demonstrate the proper technique.
- Get a new toothbrush every three months or replace the head of electric brushes every three months or sooner based on wear from the indicator bristles. Some electric tooth brushes have been proven to reduce the risk of periodontal disease.
- Use toothpaste that contains fluoride and xylitol.
- Floss every day. Flossing removes plaque between the teeth that a toothbrush cannot reach.
- Use a mouthwash that kills bacteria.
- Eat a well-balanced diet; avoid too many sweets and processed carbohydrates.